Chemicals and Nutrients for Your Brain
Prescription drugs are the usual ways adults deal with anxiety disorders. However, oftentimes, anti-anxiety medicines only deal with the symptoms and not the root causes. In many cases, people who have been prescribed anti-anxiety drugs have a strong dislike for them. One of the most common reasons is its side effects.
If you are on certain anti-anxiety medication, it is important to know that it isn’t the only option available. Some foods and drinks can also provide home remedies to treat anxiety.
1) Chamomile tea is a good drink to have if you feel too stressed. This tea helps you relax your body and ease your mind. Chamomile tea can help you rest during those nights when you have trouble sleeping. Your mental state will be eased by the natural sedative properties of this tea.
2) There is a natural substance in turkey that causes you to relax after eating, it’s called tryptophan. A chemical responsible for maintaining balance in the brain, serotonin, comes from tryptophan. In food, tryptophan is known to help relieve stress.
3) Eating avocado can help you maintain good mental and psychological well-being. Avocados help lower blood pressure because of its potassium content. Potassium keeps your heart on a steady beat, lowering the likelihood of a heart attack.
4) The health and well-being of your brain can be improved by eating lots of green leafy vegetables and hemp oil. Stress and anxiety can be brought to a manageable level with these foods. Magnesium is a substance that keeps your brain-adrenal axis in good condition, and green leafy vegetables are rich in magnesium.
5) A natural way to keep you calm is by eating dark chocolate. Dark chocolate can induce calmness and relieve stress more than milk chocolate and white chocolate, because the latter has much more added sugar, milk, and saturated fats which are unhealthy.
6) Turmeric aids in reducing the incidence of anxiety and stress. Turmeric aids in digestion, healing, reducing inflammation of joints, and maintaining a balanced blood sugar level.
7) One of the substances that reduce the incidence of anxiety is folic acid. Asparagus contains folic acid, a chemical responsible for improving the health of your brain’s neurotransmitters. A drop in folic acid impairs your neurotransmitters causing anxiety and stress.
8) A good source of vitamin B is liver, as well as other organ meats. Your body needs vitamin B to synthesize serotonin.
9) Your brain needs zinc to stay healthy, and oysters contain a lot of zinc. If your zinc level drops below normal, this can cause anxiety.
10) A healthy gut often means a healthy brain. Kefir is a good source of probiotics that keep your gut in good shape.